Saturday, March 17, 2012

On my needles: Saxon Braided Pillow
























You know how I am obsessed with hand-dyed yarns.

Well, at the Vogue Knitting convention in NYC, I fell in love with Tess' Designer Yarns from Maine.  Tess' booth was enormous - as big as Lion Brands'!  The yarns were not organized by weight or type, but rather by color.  I can't imagine a more beautiful rainbow.  I chose the Bella yarn, a 2-ply superwash merino, silk, alpaca blend, and on that January day, this soft gray skein called out to me.

So for the last two months, I have been noting ideas for my single skein of Bella.  I finally decided on a pillow with an intricate cable motif.  I just love this yarn and want to see it every day on a chair in my home - and not buried in a basket of sample projects.

Stay tuned!

Oh, here are some photos I snapped at Tess' booth.

Saxon Braided Pillow featured by Martha Stewart's American Made Story here on INSTAGRAM.





No comments: